OPEN & OFFERING CURBSIDE, TAKEOUT, DINE-IN, DELIVERY
In 1965, Jessie and Virgie Handsborough decided to open Virgie’s Place. This quickly became the neighborhood teenager’s spot for great burgers, music and fun. In 1975, the building was converted into a community grocery store, Handsborough Grocery, until 1998.
In February 2005, the Handsborough's son, Adrian, took a leap of faith and opened Virgie’s Bar-B-Que. For over 20 years Adrian has been cooking “barbecue” for family, friends and especially his mother Virgie, who taught him how to cook barbecue.
Virgie’s Bar-B-Que is based on the belief that our customers’ satisfaction is of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to serve you. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.
We look forward to serving you!
Check- In and Like us on Facebook!
Join us on Twitter and Instagram
Instagram : virgiesbbq
At Virgie’s BBQ and Catering, it is our top priority to provide quality food, service, and to ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff, and community. We want to take this opportunity to inform you on what procedures we are putting in place because of the COVID-19/Coronavirus.
What we are doing:
· Requiring mask/face coverings for ALL staff and guest.
· Closely keeping up with any new information or recommendations given by the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
· Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC.
· Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, such as additional disinfectant wipe downs of all hard surfaces including the kitchen, bathrooms, dining room.
· Implementing heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all employees.
· Discouraging all personal contact within our restaurants, including shaking of hands.
· Telling our staff if they have even the slightest of viral symptoms to stay at home.
Thank you for your patience, trust, and continued support with Virgie’s BBQ and Catering. Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in dining with us during these challenging circumstances. Know that your health and our staff’s health is a priority in everything that we do.
5535 North Gessner, Houston, TX 77041
10:30 am – 02:30 pm